Featured Norway Food Recipe: Pepperkaker
Pepperkaker are Norwegian gingerbread holiday cookies. They are hung on trees and mark the days of Advent. Strongly spiced, they are bring warmth and coziness to the winter holiday season.
Pepperkaker Cook Along Video with Melissa Bahen
The incredible Melissa Bahen, author of the cookbook Scandinavian Gatherings, generously put together this video of making pepperkaker using her recipe from her cookbook. Enjoy making it alongside her! You can find Melissa on Instagram at luluthebaker.
More Norway Recipes
- Rommegrot is a sour cream porridge that is traditionally prepared in summer for celebrations.
- Raspeballer are potato dumplings, often served with sausages or lamb.
- Norwegian waffles, or vafler, are considered a sweet treat as opposed to a breakfast food.
- Lefse is a potato griddle cake that can be made savory or sweet and often adorn holiday tables. Here a basic recipe.
- Trollkrem, or troll cream, is a lingonberry mousse that’s prepared in fall when the forest berries ripen.