Facts About Italy
Basic Facts About Italy
- The capital of Vietnam is Rome
- The official name is the Repubblica Italiana
- Mario Draghi is the current Prime Minister of Italy
- The currency in Italy is the Euro. About €0.88 = 1 USD.
- Italy is said to have a Mediterranean climate with hot, dry summers and cool, wet winters. The climate also varies greatly from mountainous to coastal regions.
- Over 80% of Italy’s residents identify as Christian, with the vast majority being Roman Catholic.
- The primary industries are tourism, motor vehicles, pharmaceuticals, and clothing & fashion.
- Countries of the Italian peninsula
Interesting Facts About Italy
- Italy is the 5th most visited country in the world.
- Europe has 3 active volcanoes and all 3 are in Italy.
- Pizza was invented in Napoli (Naples).
- The Italian wolf is Italy’s national animal.
- The Bank of San Giorgia in Genoa opened in 1149 and was the first bank in the world.
- The world’s smallest country is located within the borders of Italy.
- The national sport of Italy is soccer (futbol).
- Italy has the oldest population in Europe.
- Ragu alla Bolognese is the national dish of Italy.
- There are more UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Italy than in any other country in the world.
- There are over 2,500 types of Italian cheese.
History & Geography Videos About Italy
Map of Italy
Color in Italy on this map of Europe!
Italy Flag Activity
Flag from HERE
HERE is a fun printable Italian flag coloring sheet
Famous Italian Landmarks
Imagine a visit to Rome with kids!
- Colosseum (5 minutes)
- Leaning Tower of Pisa (7 minutes)
- Duomo (Florence) (4 minutes)
- Cinque Terre with kids
- Trevi Fountain
- Venice & canals/gondolas
- Duomo di Milano