On Monday, Daniel turned 28, thus commencing the 2 months in which we are the same age. We had a delightful day of homemade breakfast, meeting him downtown by his work to go out to lunch, and the most ridiculously delicious enchiladas I’ve ever made for dinner, with a few cards and presents along the way. A day revolving around food; that’s how we roll.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission if you click my link but does not change your price. See my affiliate policy here.
In the name of birthday embarrassment/cheesefest, here are 28 things I like about that husband of mine:
- He’s my party crutch. My introverted self tends to get overwhelmed with large groups/new people, but Dan could have a lengthy and cheery conversation with a brick wall.
- He willingly watches season upon season of Full House with me.
- He changes 98% of diapers (now cut in half with Nat not needing them, praise all that is good and holy) when he’s home. And he loves cloth diapers as much as I do.
- Speaking of poop and diapers and potty training (the trifecta), he’s always the one to take Nat to public restrooms if we’re all together.
- He’s interested in everything. He doesn’t get bored. He just chooses to find everything in life interesting and exciting.
- He could never dream of NOT helping if there is something with which he could help. Anyone. Friends, hosts, visitors, whatever.
- He is constantly telling Nat that he is his best friend.
- He gets excited about his work and doing things to contribute to an important mission, and being able to use his skills for good. He is constantly trying to improve things, and his mind just seems to figure out ways how.
- He likes going to bed early, but likes more going to bed together (if I’m up later). He’ll sometimes try going to bed on his own, but most often comes back out and says, “I missed you.”
- He loves to travel, in the US or internationally. He also loves finding and visiting random little towns or even low-grade tourist sites in our own city. He is always up for any adventure, no matter how small.
- He compliments my cooking on the daily. And will eat even the most random experiments. I love the example he sets for our kids of not being afraid to try new foods, including every random CSA veggie we’ve ever had.
- He is totally and completely smitten with his daughter. He’ll soon be purchasing her a pony, no doubt.
- He isn’t perfect, but is always willing to change.
- He loves reading Fox in Sox with Nat and I adore listening to them both cracking up over it.
- He always does the dishes.
- He’s a big giant nerd and listens to various speeches on his commute to work and will go on about them for hours and hours (he also has a crazy specific recall memory).
- On the subject of nerdiness, he loves marketing and is constantly reading up on new things and sharing them. MFEO, what can I say? (Also, he is a total math whiz. Weird that I find that utterly attractive?)
- He loves goats as much as I do (quite a lot, as it turns out).
- We read at almost exactly the same speed, so I love reading books together. I especially like that he enjoys reading biographies of prophets of our church together.
- He appreciates excellent ice cream.
- Oh, he makes me laugh. Like none other.
- He will listen to me oogle over baby c’s cute outfits and not even get bored. Mostly.
- He’ll listen to me oogle over baby c’s cute naked legs and not even get bored. Ever.
- He rides his bike to/from work. Totally hot. (Quite literally now.)
- He literally knows the scriptures better than anyone I know.
- He appreciates being well dressed, and takes pictures for me. And mostly doesn’t even make fun of me for it.
- He dreams big. And then makes his dreams happen.
- He loves beauty, and seeks it out – in music, art, science, religion, life.
- (One to grow on) He has the best heart, is the best father, best sibling, best husband, best friend anyone could ever know.
what a sweet post! happy birthday to you!!
Greetings from California! I'm bored to death at work so I decided to check out your site on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the info you provide here and can't wait
to take a look when I get home. I'm amazed at how quick your blog loaded on my mobile .. I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .
. Anyhow, wonderful blog!
My webpage … Diet Plan
#2. 'Nuff said. Happy birthday,Dan!!
Oh how I love both of you. So much. 🙂
What a sweet post. You two are a match made in geek heaven. Hope to find my own geek someday. 🙂
What a great post!
I love #7. So cute.
Oh dear heavens, I love you both. Please make sure we get together lots in the next couple of years when we only live four hours apart.
First off, Happy Birthday Dan! 2nd, if I didn't read it I would have never thought you were introverted/shy and 3rd, I LOVE LOVE LOVE goats!