For the last few months, I…haven’t rocked. Without the push of CSA veggies or farmers’ markets shoving heaps of kale in my fridge, I’ve become a little lackadaisical in planning and executing meals. And although I do love eating orange winter vegetables for 23 nights in a row…right, I don’t.
Not to mention that with caring for 2 kids, one of whom actually requires his own food allotment (children being counted for food planning?? I was shocked, too), my time/desire for preparing meals (especially ones that don’t feed all of us for dinner and preferably the next day’s lunch) has dropped. (This meals that since baby c was born, I have made homemade pasta…zero times. Too much effort for a rather insubstantial outcome.)
- Dan’s birthday:Portobello & black bean enchiladas with creamy green chile sauce (with homemade tortillas)
- Out to eat for Dan’s birthday
- Black bean ragu (Smitten kitchen cookbook) over huevos rancheros with veggies
- Brinner: waffles + lemon, goat cheese & leek frittata
- Homemade pizza (this dough, with caramelized onions/fennel, fresh mozz, kale, mushrooms, goat cheese)
Several handfuls of spinach, roughly chopped