For me, summer travel shirts need to be lightweight, comfortable, and versatile. Here are three categories of summer travel tops that I always pack for every destination!
Lightweight Neutral T-Shirt for Summer Travel Shirts
I always love packing a neutral, plain t-shirt along. It’s the best summer travel staple! I always take along a relatively inexpensive travel top for this that can be easily washed and dried. I personally prefer a white t-shirt because it pairs easily with everything from a midi skirt to linen pants to jeans to shorts.
Here are some great options:
- This is my favorite basic v-neck t-shirt
- A linen t-shirt is a nice variation that dresses up more easily
- This one from Everlane is a little thicker with a great cut and is one I’m picking up for our summer travels
- This rib-knit one from Old Navy is a fun texture
- This tech t-shirt from REI has a nice drape, is inexpensive, and also wicks moisture – great for summer travel (I wish it came in white!)
- Or a merino wool tee is perfect for travel since it’s odor resistant
Button-Down Shirt for Travel
A button down shirt is a classic for a reason. It’s perfect for so many occasions – dressing up, dressing down, tucking in, tying, wearing over a swimsuit, and on and on. It’s a staple travel top for summer travel!
- This slim striped one is classic
- I LOVE this cropped linen one in a fun color
- This button up with tie sleeves is darling
- Here’s a great basic gauzy one in lots of colors
- I love this button up with ruffled sleeves
- This relaxed-fit short sleeved one comes in lots of colors
- A linen button down pairs with so many things
Stepped Up Tee or Casual Blouse for Summer Travel Tops
My 3rd top I always take when traveling is a slightly stepped up t-shirt or blouse that can either dress up or down. I love that it makes a pair of jeans look a bit more polished or can pair easily with a skirt, or that it can still be worn with shorts and sandals for a casual look.
I personally prefer to choose this in a print to add some interest and fun, but you could definitely still do a neutral for this if that’s more your style. Also, while a slight peplum style is cute, I prefer one that works well tucked and untucked. Versatility is key!
- This casual pullover blouse in multiple patterns is adorable
- The big flutter sleeves on this one are so fun
- I love the gorgeous eyelet pattern on this one. I have a very similar one (that’s almost out of stock) and wear it all the time!
- Love this cute, sustainably-made top
- The geometric print on this one is so pretty
- This lace cutout blouse is stunning
I paired the three tops I showed with these cropped wide leg pants in my Instagram Reel. I love these – stretchy and comfortable and go with so much!
Do you have any staples for travel tops? I’d love to hear!
IF YOU LIKED THIS POST ABOUT SUMMER TRAVEL SHIRTS FOR WOMEN, YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE POSTS TOO:
- Best Kids Hiking Gear
- Summer Travel Essentials for Families
- Our Travel First Aid Kit Checklist
- Camping Essentials with Kids