March 2021 Global Children’s Book Club Schedule
Chapter Book Schedule
To participate in a virtual live discussion, I’d love to have you join in on Patreon! You’ll also receive a monthly newsletter with additional discussion questions, a recap of my Instagram discussions, and occasional chapter book and picture book author visits.
United Kingdom Picture Books Reading Schedule
I have provided free YouTube read alouds below for each of the weekly picture books. I’ll briefly discuss each book on Instagram during the week. I’ll also integrate the picture books into the monthly live discussion, and you’ll also have access to additional discussion questions, a recap of my Instagram discussions, and occasional chapter book and picture book author visits by joining in on in on Patreon.
Week of 3/1: Nimesh the Adventurer
Week of 3/8: The Gruffalo
Week of 3/15: The Tiger Who Came to Tea
Week of 3/22: Lulu Loves the Library
Featured United Kingdom Books: United Kingdom Chapter Book
The Boy at the Back of the Class by Onjali Q. Raúf
Here are additional resources to learn through reading the book:
- Here’s a discussion guide from the publisher
The Boy at the Back of the Class Discussion Questions
Featured UK Picture Books: Children’s Books About the UK
Week 1 (Week of 3/1) Picture Book Read Aloud: Nimesh the Adventurer
Other Resources & Activities:
Nimesh the Adventurer Read Aloud
Week 2 (Week of 3/8) Picture Book Read Aloud: The Gruffalo
The Gruffalo Read Aloud
Week 3 (Week of 3/15) Picture Book Read Aloud: The Tiger Who Came to Tea
The Tiger Who Came to Tea Read Aloud
Week 4 (Week of 3/22) Picture Book Read Aloud: Lulu Loves the Library
Lulu Loves the Library Read Aloud
Other Children’s Books About the UK
Children’s United Kingdom Books: Poetry For Kids
United Kingdom Writing Prompts for Kids
- Imagine you’re traveling to the United Kingdom. Which of the countries would you like to visit most? Why?
- Pretend you’re part of the royal family. What would you like your house to look like?
- How has colonialism affected different parts of life in the UK, including food, transportation, etc.?
United Kingdom Discussion Questions For Kids: Discussion Questions About the United Kingdom
- What is the difference between the United Kingdom, Great Britain, and England?
- What does colonialism mean?
- What parts of British culture have been adopted in other parts of the world?