Featured Mexico Food Recipe: Pan de Muerto (Day of the Dead Bread)
Day of the Dead Bread is an important offering on the Day of the Dead altar. This sweet, yeasted bread is often formed into shapes that resemble or represent bones or tears. It is often served alongside pozole, tamales, and other traditional dishes.
More Mexico Recipes
- Elote Preparado is a popular Mexican street food starring corn on the cob. There are many variations but most are simple to prepare. Try out this classic recipe for elote preparado.
- Mole Poblano is Mexico’s national dish and is prepared for celebrations. Learn more about the history and significance of mole poblano, as well as how to prepare it here.
- Chiles Rellenos are vegetarian stuffed peppers. Many Mexican families prepare these during Lent when they are not eating meat.
- Pozole roja is a classic Mexican comfort food. This stew is traditionally made with pork but can also be made with chicken or meatless.
- One of the most popular dishes in Mexico, you can’t go wrong with a classic guacamole.