I bring you my top 10 favorite* vegetarian meals.
*With easily accessible online recipes. Rome wasn’t built in a day, you know.
- Homemade pizza: This is my favorite crust. We usually do some mix of fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, caramelized onions, basil, and whatever other veggies we have around. I also love caramelized fennel and I imagine we’ll be doing some more roasted veggies now that we’re getting into that season.
- Build-Your-Own TexMexican: We’ll usually do some sort of huevos (good gracious, we love this “recipe”) or tacos or Cafe Rio-type salad (this creamy tomatillo dressing with homemade buttermilk dressing is great) at least once a week. The huevos are a snap to pull together, we always have the ingredients on hand, and it’s way more than the sum of its parts. We eat them with fresh pico and guac. For a quick meal, we’ll do Latin store-bought corn tortillas, but if we have more time, I’ll make homemade wheat tortillas.
- Parmesan and Root Vegetable Lasagna: A little more work, but the ultimate in fall comfort food.
- Chickpea Pasta: We love adding chickpeas to our pasta to bulk it up and make it more filling. We usually use whole-wheat penne.
- Chana Masala: Are you getting the idea that we love Smitten? This flavors of this are spot on, and it comes together in about 30-40 minutes. We break with Indian tradition and eat it with brown rice. I’ve also done it with kidney beans with good results.
- Corn Chowder: Just seems right for fall.
- Portobello and Black Bean Enchiladas with Roasted Poblano Sauce: Again, a little more work, but good heavens these are tasty. The salsa I could practically drink from a cup.
- Red Coconut Curry Noodles: Delish.
- Artichoke Stuffed Shells: Perfect for a nicer meal at home.
- Crepes: This is the most authentic batter recipe I’ve found. Fill with any combo of cheese and veggies and sauce. And Nutella. Always Nutella.