I’m seriously giddy to be starting this 2021 monthly Global Children’s Book Club. I’m just ridiculously excited to read each of these books and discuss them with you all. It’s going to be so fun and also really meaningful. I hope it helps lots of families diversify their bookshelves, invite new perspectives, and use it as a basis for inclusive and anti-racist action. And I hope this free kids reading log helps keep you motivated, accountable, and having fun!
FREE Printable Kids Reading Log
I’m also ridiculously delighted to offer a FREE printable reading log to track your reading this year. It was really important to me to have a BIPOC female creator for this project if possible. So I was ridiculously delighted when a friend recommended Ihilani Birano of SoPupuka and fell in love with her work at first glance. She is so talented and it was a true gift to be able to work with her.
The reading log is a perfect way to track your reading. Each country has 5 stars – one large star with an icon (for the chapter book) and 4 smaller ones (for the 4 picture books). I can’t wait to use ours to track our family’s “Voyage of Discovery.”
How to Print the Kids Reading Log
There are two versions of the reading log – one 8.5×11″ version that you can print on a home printer, or a large scale version that you can print as an engineering print at any office supply store.
How to Print an Engineering Print
I love printing these as a large-scale engineering print, which is basically a large black & white photocopy. It’s perfect for this black white print that is intended for coloring.
You can print an engineering at any office supply store. I always print ours at Office Depot, where a 24×36 print costs me less than $4. (You can also print them at Staples, FedEx Kinkos, or other office supply stores.) Here’s how to do it:
- Go to your preferred office supply store website. Here’s the link for where to upload an engineering print for our preferred store (here are the links directly to engineering prints at Staples and FedEx Kinkos).
- Save the reading log file to your computer’s desktop and upload it to the office supply store website.
- Choose the black & white setting (unless you’re uploading a color file).
- Checkout and purchase your print online (it should cost around $3-4).
- Pick up your print in store or with curbside pickup.
Where to Get the Free Global Children’s Book Club Printable Reading Log
You can download the free printable reading log RIGHT HERE!
We would be so delighted if you shared it with those you love – on Instagram, family, friends, teachers/classrooms, and more. It is our hope that this can help us all diversify our bookshelves and provide opportunities to better see others’ experiences and see our own reflected back.
IF YOU LIKED THIS FREE KIDS READING LOG, YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE POSTS TOO:
- The Best Educational Kid Activity Books
- Our Favorite Kids Books About the World
- A-Z Diverse Picture Books From Around the World