Join us as we journey to the Philippines! During this virtual tour of the Philippines for kids, we’ll enjoy fun and inspiring Philippines activities. This Philippines virtual field trip as part of the Global Children’s Book Club is a perfect way to explore the world from home!}
You can find the full list of countries and books for the FREE 2021 Global Children’s Book Club right HERE. Be sure to sign up for the email list to stay up to date!
This Philippines virtual tour contains affiliate links, but all opinions are 100% my own. That means I earn a small commission if you purchase through my link, but doesn’t change your price.
January 2021 Global Children’s Book Club Schedule
Chapter Book Schedule
To participate in a virtual live discussion, I’d love to have you join in on Patreon! You’ll also receive a monthly newsletter with additional discussion questions and a recap of my Instagram discussions.
Picture Books Schedule
Week of 1/4: Cora Cooks Pancit
Week of 1/11: Journey for Justice: The Life of Larry Itliong
Week of 1/18: Pan de Sal Saves the Day
Week of 1/25: Willie Wins
Here’s the 2021 Global Children’s Book Club Book List!
Get your FREE Printable Global Children’s Book Club Reading Log here!
Here’s the Global Service Advent Printable Book List!
Philippines Activities for Kids: Virtual Tour of the Philippines
You can also participate in a number of FREE Philippines activities for kids throughout the month whenever you’d like. You can use these resources as part of a Philippines homeschool unit, or just for some fun additional learning at home. Click through to the different subjects for all the books, activities, recipes, and more!
Additional Philippines Activities for Kids
Supporting Filipino Individuals
- Purchase Filipino breads or treats online
- Support a Filipino creator buy buying a handmade parol (lighted Christmas star)
- Look into Filipino cultural classes
Philippines for Kids Discussion Questions
- Why do you think boating was so important in precolonial Philippines for trading?
- As an island, the Philippines have a lot of influences from other places. How would you work to keep your culture alive while also welcoming new influences?
- Amorsolo often painted happy people in the foreground with elements of work in the background of his paintings. Why do you think this is?
- Do you like to cook with your family? What are some things that your family typically eats?
Thanks for Taking a Virtual Visit to the Philippines With Us!
We’ve loved putting together this resource to virtually visit the Philippines. We’d love to hear if you do any of these activities for a homeschooling Philippines unit, or if you visit in person!
We hope to inspire curiosity and connection through exploring and learning, and we hope this guide helps you and your families. Please share any activities you do with us over on our Instagram. And we’d be delighted if you passed this Philippines for kids virtual tour and homeschooling resource along to others, as well!
IF YOU LIKED THIS POST ABOUT PHILIPPINES ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS, YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE POSTS TOO:
- GCBC Virtual Travel Guides
- Ultimate Family Guide to Morocco
- 10 Tips for Airbnb Hosts: Renting Out Your Home
NOT READY FOR A PHILIPPINES HOMESCHOOLING UNIT QUITE YET? PIN THIS POST FOR LATER!