Welcome to LPF Weekly Deals! These are our favorite, tried-and-true travel gear and home life items that have stood the test of time. With 7 people in our home or when we travel, we try to only purchase items that are really worth their cost (and their travel weight). I hope this helps you, too!
REI’s biggest sale of the year is an amazing time to pick up some high quality gear at an affordable price. I shared lots of great items in this post on our favorite summer travel essentials, but here are some specifics that we love that are on sale right now:
- Keen Hiking Sandals – we swear by these and have personally paid full price. They’re perfect for dry hiking, water hiking, going to the pool, going to school, or pretty much any summer adventure. A couple of my kids even wear them year round with socks, ha! Don’t miss these – they’re an amazing deal and such high quality (we even pass them down to multiple kids!). The toddler, women’s, and men’s versions are also on sale.
- Keen Hiking Boots – We got waterproof hiking boots for the whole family for our Alaska adventures this summer. We wanted something sturdy and that could handle wet weather since that’s almost a guarantee there, but I always prefer waterproof hiking footwear regardless. While I almost never care about nice shirts for hiking, footwear is a place you don’t want to skimp and this is a great chance to get high quality gear for a discount. Here are the ones we got for our big kids and little kids. Also men’s and women’s.
- Tons of packs and bags are up to 25% off, including the CamelBak Mini Mule that we love, this women’s 40L pack,
- This awesome encapsulated fleece zip up is lightweight but warm, stretchy, made with 92% recycled polyester, and great for layering.
- We love Hydro Flask water bottles and they’re all 25% off!
- A lot of women’s athletic clothing and men’s clothing is 25% off
- Lots of sleeping bags and mats are up to 25% off, including these super warm and packable kids’ down sleeping bags
- Up to 25% off hiking pants and shorts
- Squalane + vitamin C rose oil (soooo many of you have tried and loved this)
- Reef safe mineral sunscreen (I always use this one under my makeup)
- Resurfacing night serum
- Squalane + antioxidant cleansing oil
The Guardian bikes are our very most favorite ones for kids. They are truly unmatched when it comes to safety and durability, and have the best customer service, too. More about why we love them here.
These bikes almost never go on sale, but you can use the code LOCALPASSPORTFAM30 to get $30 any bike through 5/30!
Our favorite bath and skincare items are on sale! They are our favorites because they are super gentle (even safe for teeny babies), have clean ingredients, and smell amazing. They only have sitewide sales a couple times a year so that’s always when I stock up. Here are some of our favorites:
- Our very favorite sunscreen (that they also recently released in a mist form)
- Hair & body wash
- Everyday lotion
- All over ointment
I’ve talked many times before about how much we love our Beddy’s zip up bedding. I will honestly never again do bunk beds without these – they make life so much easier. I also really love them on mine and Dan’s bed in the back of the RV so they don’t slide around and make a small space look neat and tidy.
They’re having a sale of buy one, get one 50% off for Memorial Day so it’s a great time to purchase if you’ve been considering them.
We really love the Gabb phone and watches to be in touch with our kids when necessary and helpful, but while not providing them a bunch of access they don’t need. These devices allow our kiddos to call and text, but don’t allow images, Internet, etc.
They’ve been super helpful for us for times when we need to coordinate a different pickup spot on a rainy day, and especially now that our older kiddos have started babysitting our younger ones. It makes them and us feel better that they can contact us easily if needed, but we know they don’t have access to anything else. (More about our experience with the Gabb devices here.)
They’re currently having a sale to get $50 off a Gabb device through 6/6/22. You can use this link or enter the code PASSPORT at checkout.
Sunski is a new find for me. I have a fairly narrow face and have never in my life been able to find sunglasses that don’t slide off my face constantly. While they have plenty of regular sunglasses, as well, they also have some narrow & lightweight ones specifically for small faces and they actually work for me!! I was pretty thrilled. (This is the pair I got.)
H&M is my go-to for my kids’ clothes. The Euro cuts work much better on my narrow kiddos, and I like that they have a “conscious” line, as well, and have times when you can bring old clothes to recycle. They rarely have sitewide sales, so it’s a great time to pick up summer essentials or to get ready for fall and school clothes.
30 % Off Target Clothing & Swimwear
Target is having a huge sale on clothing & swimwear for the whole fam. Perfect time to get these summer items if you’re looking.
Rumpl Outdoor Blankets & Mats – 25% Off Sitewide
We adore our Rumpl puffy blanket – it’s warm and super easy to clean for taking outside, and packs down small. I perhaps love the Everywhere Mat even more – folds down super small, waterproof underside, a cinch to clean. Perfect for summer adventures.
Brooklinen makes our favorite sheets/duvet sets. Dan and I have these on our bed and they’re truly the best sheets we’ve ever used (and we’ve tried quite a few). They’re super well made and high end without being astronomically priced, and I love the story of how this husband-and-wife team got their business started.
Old Navy is having one of their biggest sales of the year. So many huge deals on clothing, swimsuits, pajamas, and more for everyone in the family.
They’ve hugely stepped up how cute their stuff is in the last couple years, but here are some recent favorites we’ve purchased:
- Printed maternity leggings with pockets
- Maternity moisture-wicking long-sleeved shirt (I hesitated on getting this but I LOVE it – it’s sooo comfortable)
I’ve shared about these kids’ hydration backpacks so many times because they really are fantastic. There’s almost nothing more important to us to take on a hike with kids. They help us go farther, stay healthier & happier, and minimize whining for snacks & water.
My oldest two have now upgraded to these bigger backpacks now that they’re capable of carrying more without whining or passing off their pack, but these are fantastic for shorter hikes or for any kid who doesn’t want to carry more. (My 11 year old still uses his just fine when not using his newer one.) They’re number one on our list of kids hiking gear and we gifted our 4th kiddo his own for his 4th birthday this year (he was over the moon).
If you’re looking for some super classic and always-in-style sunglasses, Ray-Bans are #1. My dad has a pair that’s probably 60 years old (literally!) and they look as good as ever. If they had a narrow option, I’d for sure choose these. A ton of them are on amazing sale on Zulily!!
- Beautiful mug
- Knotted headband
- Pretty dish towels
- Wrapping paper
- Candles (that smell amazing)
- Marigold art print (or this London one)
- Gorgeous puzzles
- AirPods case
Now I just need to narrow down what to actually purchase…
We love the promptly journals and they have a whole variety of special ones. While the blank journals are beautiful, my favorites are the parent-child connective journals (to write back and forth) and the childhood history journals.
I always feel silly paying a lot of money for yet another streaming service but at this price, it’s a no-brainer. Such a great deal.
I got this bag about 3 years ago and it’s been my go-to for summer ever since. It’s absolutely enormous – it fits at least 4-5 full sized beach towels, and has side pockets for all the things. The best part is that it has a zipper on top!! I cannot stand when big beach bags are open on top and then tip over and everything falls out. This keeps stuff contained, but still lets out any sand or debris from summer. It’s on super sale right now so you might want to grab a couple!
A bunch of other places are having great sales. I’m including my affiliate link to each store below. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking any of the links on this post (even if you purchase something on a site to which I did not directly link), I’ll earn a small commission. This does not change your price.
I never want to encourage you to make purchases you don’t need/want, but am very grateful when you use my links for purchases you’re already making. I hope this is helpful in sharing some of our favorites that are genuinely useful to our family, and hope they’re helpful to you, too!