This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission if you click my link but does not change your price. See my affiliate policy here.
We love enchiladas over here. And they are a rather excellent way of using up large amounts of CSA veggies. And infinitely customizable (don’t like mushrooms? don’t use them. have some random hakurei turnips like I did? throw them in).
(Are you seeing a theme lately? Use up as many CSA greens as possible. That is the theme. I lead a tres exciting life, you see.)
And this sauce? Is…really good. Really really good. And healthy! And you should probably go make it for dinner right now.
Roasted Green Enchiladas with Creamy Chipotle Sauce
4-5 cups of whatever greens you want, chopped (I used a mix of chard, mustard greens, and collards)
1 small head broccoli, cut into small florets
2 small zucchinis, cubed
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/2 red onion, sliced
2 T olive oil
2 T olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, minced (depending on how kicky you like it)
1/4 cup flour
2 cups plain yogurt
Salt to taste
2 cups black beans, cooked
1 T cumin
Sea salt to taste
12-16 corn tortillas
1 cup cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Place greens, zucchini, broccoli, mushrooms, and onions in large roasting pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Mix with fingers until coated. Roast until firm-tender (about 15 minutes).
2. Heat 2 T oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, until fragrant but not browned. Add chiles and mix together. Add in flour and mix until well combined. Let cook for additional minute and remove from heat. Stir in yogurt and use an immersion blender to mix. Add salt to taste, or more chiles/adobo sauce if desired.
3. When veggies are done, mix with greens and beans and add cumin and salt to taste. Lower oven heat to 350F.
4. Drizzle a bit of sauce over bottom of 9×13 pan and spread to coat. Lay several corn tortillas over bottom to cover. Drizzle bit of sauce over tortillas. Spread layer of bean/veggie mixture and drizzle with a bit more sauce. Repeat layering until mixture is finished, ending with tortillas on top. Pour remaining sauce over the top and sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake in 350F oven until cheese is bubbly, about 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Hi Preethi! I pinned this a while ago but just made it last night….so delicious and veggie-packed!!! Thanks 🙂