Distance can be hard on friendships. That’s true whether friends live down the street and have trouble with scheduling, or whether they live on other sides of the world.
With so many families sheltering in place, it can be not only difficult, but impossible for friends to get together. While this is, of course, the right thing to do physically, it’s difficult emotionally. People need people! We need human interaction and connection, especially during times of crisis.
Virtual Friendship Challenge
I’m excited to share this virtual friendship challenge that will hopefully help you connect with the people you love. It has 30 different ideas to help you connect whether near or far. You can do them all, or just a few. You can try them with lots of different loved ones, or get really close to just one. The ideas range from sharing funny memes to reading a book together. All the ideas are shared below, or you can sign up to receive a free printable chart.
I hope it helps you realize there are people who you love and who love you back. I truly believe taking these small actions can deepen friendships and inspire joy during a difficult time.
A big giant hug to all of you. We’ve got this!
Virtual Friendship Challenge: 30 Ideas to Help You Connect and Strengthen Friendships
- Share a funny meme
- Share a thought from a book
- Send a voice text
- Share a struggle
- Comment on an Instagram photo
- Send a card
- Share a joint memory
- Send a small gift
- Share an uplifting song
- Tell a friend something you love about them
- Make a phone call
- Ask about a friend’s bucket list destination
- Share a photo from your day
- Send a gif from a favorite TV show
- Share a hard moment from the day
- Share a goal
- Ask about a favorite treat
- Send a Marco Polo
- Share an interesting article
- Watch the same movie and text while you watch
- Make food that reminds you of a friend
- Do a video call
- Share an old photo
- Recommend a book to read
- Notice and comment on a detail of a friend’s life
- Play an online game together
- Ask a meaningful question
- Share a simple joy
- Share what you’re wearing
- Ask about a simple success
IF YOU LIKED THIS FRIENDSHIP CHALLENGE POST, YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE POSTS TOO:
- 15+ Travel Activities for Kids to Explore from Home
- 30 Questions to Ask a Stay At Home Parent
- 10 Surprisingly Affordable Destinations for Family Holidays