Stockings may actually be my little kids’ very favorite part of Christmas morning. There’s something about pulling out little things and treats from a giant sock that is very exciting. The only problem is that I’ve found that so many stocking stuffer ideas for toddlers revolve around plastic trinkets and tons of candy – both of which I’m fine with in small quantities but don’t want filling our home.
Here’s a list of the best stocking stuffers for babies and the best stocking stuffers for toddlers that are fun and exciting and perhaps even a bit useful. I’ve tried to keep them under $10 and focus on things that won’t sit around unused. I hope you love them like we do!
Stocking Stuffers For Babies
Stocking stuffers for infants used to be so tricky for me. I didn’t want my babies to be left out. Plus, I had some sort of weird internal idea that in order to treat all my children fairly, I had to spend a similar amount of money on them.
I finally realized that treating them “equally” didn’t actually mean I had to spend equal money on them. I could just think about what each of them would be excited about, whatever that was!
This was so helpful to me, especially when it comes to stocking stuffers for babies. Here are some of my favorites – inexpensive, easily accessible, and will likely thrill your baby. In fact, you could grab most anything you already have around your house. Your little one will be thrilled to pull out the Christmas stocking fillers for babies and won’t have any clue you already owned it.
Inexpensive Baby & Toddler Gift Ideas
And while most of these inexpensive baby Christmas gift ideas are under $5 and almost all are under $10, putting them solidly in baby stocking stuffers price range, they could easily be Christmas gifts for toddlers and babies. They won’t know or care how much you spent and a more expensive gift isn’t a better gift, especially when little ones are concerned.
I hope these baby stocking stuffer ideas help relieve some stress and increase the fun!
Useful Toddler Stocking Stuffer Ideas: Useful Stocking Stuffers for Babies
I love giving toddler stocking stuffers that are a mix of useful and fun, and often consumable in some way. Here are some of our favorite one year old stocking stuffer ideas, including some things we’ll be putting in our 1 year old’s stocking this year!
- Socks (my very favorites that actually stay on)
- Pacifier (these are our favorites – less than $10 for one) or pacifier clip
- Silicone food teether (I think the mesh ones get so gross so the silicone ones are perfect for baby stocking ideas)
- Cute pom pom hat
- Cute undies if you have a kiddo close to potty training or who is potty trained
- Mini hairbrush
- Training toothbrush
- Hair bows
- Hair ties
- Mini cooking utensils (like a spatula or whisk)
- Cozy tights
- Reusable squeeze pouches – perfect for applesauce or smoothies
- Toddler sunglasses
- A fun new shirt
Toddler Art Supply Stocking Ideas
- Glow in the dark dinosaur temporary tattoos
- Paint Sticks – these are the best for little hands
- Sticker book with 1000+ stickers (such a good deal on this!)
- Painter’s tape – this is the best on flights. Kiddos love to stick it everywhere and it peels off easily
- Art smock
- Sticky notes
- Washable finger paint
- Chalk (or glitter chalk!)
- Dot markers – so fun for toddlers and great for projects
- Dot stickers, too!
- Mineral sunscreen stick
- Triangle crayons – love that these don’t roll
- Fun bandages
- Safety scissors – great for building hand strength
- Mini play dough
- Chubby markers
- Water Wow book
- Bubble wand
- Jumbo erasers
- Jumbo paint brushes
- Mini sand art kit
- Puffy stickers
- Washable window markers
- Mini rainbow scratch art pad (my 3 year old loves these!)
- No-spill paint cup
- Mini coloring book
- Pipe cleaners – such a fun texture for tiny ones
- Giant pom poms – really fun to throw in a bath!
- Glow sticks – speaking of bathtime fun…
- Jumbo craft sticks – you might be surprised what your toddler does with these
- Googly eyes – great for older toddlers to practice fine motor skills and so fun
Food Stocking Ideas for Toddlers & Babies
- Mini container of cereal (perfect to make sure they eat something other than candy that day)
- Fresh fruit like an orange or banana
- Snack sized mini cookies (like Teddy Grahams)
- Mini Pringles (they’ll love the container more than what’s inside)
- Toddler cutting knife or other mini cooking tools
- Bag of puffs
Bath Toy Stocking Stuffers for Babies & Toddlers
- Bath crayons – one of my favorite toddler stocking stuffer ideas!
- Light up dinosaur bath toys (split these out to keep them in stocking stuffer price range)
- Bath color drops – so fun to see the water change color
- Bubble bath is always a hit
- Throw in some big bubble wands to play with the foam
- Bath basketball hoop
- Bath spinners
- Bath pipes
- Magnetic bath fishing pole
- Bath letters – doesn’t get more classic
Fun Stocking Stuffers for Toddlers and Babies
I do like including something really fun in my toddlers’ stockings – but I do NOT want it to be a junky plastic toy that will get played with for 30 seconds before it breaks and goes in the trash. Here are a few that have lasted us through the years!
- Egg shaker
- Wooden car
- Wooden rattle
- O ball – the BEST little ball for babies to grasp! Ours has lasted many many years
- Sensory balls
- Slinky (such a low price right there!)
- Toy car
- Mini flashlight
- Stacking cups
- Mini package of tissues – so fun to pull out!
- Glow in the dark stars
- Magnifying glass – perfect for observing insects
- Spot It! Such a good game for young and old and perfect for travel
- Dimpl toy – seriously one of the very best stocking stuffers for babies! This pop it is great for older toddlers
- Big syringe – play doctor or play in the bath
- Finger puppet board book – my babies have all loved these!
- Counting bears – these are the BEST for toddlers to practice colors, sorting, and one-to-one association in a fun way (counting dinosaurs are another great option)
- Sleeping Queens – I LOVE this one as a first card game for older toddlers
- Mini animal figurines – I always love tucking a few of these in a toddler’s stocking – perfect for imaginative play at home or on the road
- Let’s Go Fishin’ game
- LCD drawing board – the very best for the church bag, travel bag, waiting-in-a-restaurant bag
- Abacus – our one year old is getting one this year!
- Barrel of monkeys – a classic good for older toddlers
- Mr. Potato Head – another classic, and under $5
- Pop tubes – my big kids loved these just as much as the baby
- Mini xylophone
- Rainbow ball sensory toy
- Play scarves
FREE Stocking Stuffers for Babies/Toddlers
Here are some more ideas for items you’ll most likely have in your home that are perfect to stick in a stocking for a baby or toddler. They’ll love playing with them and helping put them back when needed!
I hope those are helpful! I’d love to hear what have been your favorite baby stocking stuffer ideas and toddler stocking stuffers!
- Diapers – always one of the best baby stocking ideas!
- Spatula – perfect for banging
- Whisk – so fun in the bath with bubbles
- Big spoon