When I first started working on the Global Children’s Book Club, I really wanted a virtual travel chart or printable passport for kids that would help families follow along in a unified, concrete way. In addition to the picture books and travel activities for kids, I wanted something that would help solidify the empathy, compassion, and inclusion we will learn. I wanted something that would remind us to ACT.
I thought a printable passport would be the perfect way to follow along. But I have zero design skills, so I knew I would need some help.
So I reached out to Becca at Hadley Designs, whose work I’ve admired for a long while. And wow did she deliver! And even better? The whole thing is completely FREE.
Printable Passport for Kids: Fun and Educational Travel Activities for Kids
The alphabet printable passport has a front and back cover, plus 26 half-sheets – one for each country. There are spaces to write in the title of the picture book of the day plus some fun facts, as well as some darling icons to color. I’m ridiculously delighted with it – Becca truly did an incredible job.
The whole thing is easy to print at home. Here’s how to do it once you get the download link:
- Edit anything you’d like in the file. I personally think it’s perfect as is, though!
- Print the entire file.
- Take the title page and glue it onto a piece of construction paper. Fold in half along the dotted line, with the coloring sheet on the outside to form the front and back covers.
- Cut each of the other sheets in half. They’re facing different directions so that you have enough bleed on left side for each letter to staple the whole thing together.
- Once they’re all cut into half sheets, staple the book together.
- Color the cover, and fill in each page as we go along! (If you’re in the market, here are our very favorite colored pencils – perfect for filling in the printable passport.)
And since the printable is FREE, it’s easy to print as many as you’d like for each member of the family.
Where to Get the Free Alphabet Printable Passport for Kids
You can download the Global Children’s Book Club Alphabet Printable Passport right here. If you share it on Instagram, please tag me (@localpassportfamily) and Becca (@hadleydesigns). We can’t wait to see your families enjoying them!
I hope it’s a fantastic way for your family to follow along on these virtual travel activities for kids to foster empathy and compassion, and spark anti-racist action inside and outside our homes.
IF YOU LIKED THIS ALPHABET PRINTABLE PASSPORT, YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE POSTS TOO:
- The Best Educational Kid Activity Books
- Our Favorite Kids Books About the World
- Art Books for Kids from Around the World
- Inclusive Chapter Books for Kids